Almost one year ago today, Haiti was virtually crippled by a massive 7.0-magnitude earthquake. But thanks to donations from across the country, the American Red Cross has been able to raise almost 479 million dollars for relief efforts, one million of which was raised right here in the WNY community.
This tremendous outpouring of support has allowed us to provide the Haitian people with:
· Emergency shelter for more than 860,000 people
· Food for 1.3 million people for one month
· Daily drinking water for 317,000 people
· Latrines for 265,000 people
· Medical treatment for nearly 217,000 patients