Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blow it out!

There is only one time of the year that we here at the Chapter think candles are a swell idea… that’s right, your birthday!  Candles are one of the leading causes of house fires across the world, so the more we can do to keep from lighting them, the better. 

Did you know that when communities lose power, the percentage of house fires always increases over the next 48 hours? Why, you might ask? Because of the increased use of candles! To help prevent this, be sure to stock your emergency kit with batteries and flashlights (Be sure to store the batteries separate!) so that the next time you’re without power, you can light up a room without lighting up your entire house!

For more information on fire safety visit us!

No comments:

Post a Comment